Putting Twitter's World to Use  

Posted by Marissa Tucker

I thought this article was interesting considering it talks uses for Twitter that I never even tought about. Everything from wearing a device that Tweets every time your unborn child kicks to having hospitals use it in order to monitor patients blood sugar levels or blood pressure, or talk about procedures they are doing. I think it will be interesting to see where the whole using other devices to tweet when something eventful happens will go. I think this opens up a new world of opportunity, but I also think that this can turn into a privacy issue concerning patients of doctors Tweeting about the surgeries performed on them and how big the size of the tumor they pulled out was...


Read more at
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/14/technology/internet/14twitter.html?_r=1

1 comments

Oddly enough I have also heard of Twitter being used for silly things such as; plants tweeting when they need water and a security system that sends out a tweet when it detects an intrusion. Lots of important and entertaining uses for a versatile medium of communication.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers