Yahoo's new web portal goes live  

Posted by Dr. Raj Murthy

Yahoo launched its new portal today. Propelled by a 100million dollar advertising campaign, Yahoo expects the new site to draw in more search traffic and increase its revenues.

It still looks like the old yahoo to me, with a little less content on the homepage. What is interesting is that this news coincides with Bing's recent growth that we talked about. Google's innovation engine is still running strong so I  will wait for Caffeine, Google's yet to be released search engine before making up my mind.

Read more at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8270081.stm

1 comments

I believe that Yahoo!'s new idea for more traffic of its "all-in-one" page will help the company generate advertising revenues. Internet users now DO want something all one page instead of typing or searching for the next website for them to check their messages or news because it is time consuming. If I was a Yahoo user, I would be very happy to have access to all my websites under one page.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers