Ask.com starts coupon search site  

Posted by Concetta Lestingi

This article provides a great example of how analytics can be used. In 2009, it was determined that searches for coupons on Ask.com shot up 50%. That is a huge increase and would not have been detectable without analytics. This also provides an example of search engines, and how searches are beginning to be more and more targeted and specialized to better satisfy customer needs. I will definitely be looking into this!

http://sanfrancisco.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/stories/2009/10/05/daily28.html

1 comments

I think that the coupon search on ask.com will be very successful. I usually use google to search for online coupons, and have often times been able to get things for much cheaper than in the store. Coupons are usually the deciding factor for me, as well as many other people I'm sure, when making a purchase and when deciding what site to purchase from.

I wonder if creating such a popular coupon search will have any effect on the amount of coupons that websites put out out.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers