Crowdsourcing in the Classroom  

Posted by Chelsea Aures in

This article talks about a professor at Duke who plans to utilize crowd sourcing in her classroom. She will be allowing all of the students to see each others assignments and do the grading. The professor believes that the students will then know exactly what is expected of them and not have to guess at what she may want out of an assignment. I think this idea is a great way to get students more involved in the classroom and allow them to contribute to assessment.

2 comments

I think that this a really good idea. It will hold students accountable for their work and I believe it will produce better results on assignments due to the fact that students will put more effort in knowing that everyone, not just the professor, will get to see their work. I don' think that I would want to be in that class at first but I think in theory it could work.

I think this is really unique. I am not sure about the success of it-- sometimes I find that students who need to evaluate others work will grade or evaluate lightly so that their work is in turn critiqued lightly as well. Of course no one wants a poor grade, so this may lead to some grade inflation. In concept, I think this opportunity is really innovative and cool and I am interested to see how it turns out.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers