Social Networks Make You More Productive  

Posted by Maxine Tse in ,

When I was co-oping over the summer, some employees have gotten complaints for being on their Blackberrys during work. Even though it's during our lunch break, we were not allowed to use them and I always wondered what the big deal was. Which is why I was excited when I found this study:

The study done in Australia about how people that take short breaks to browse YouTube or Twitter are more likely to get more work done. It lets us relax and then when we're ready, we can focus on work again. So I guess there's no harm in watching a video or tweeting at work anymore!

http://www.switched.com/2009/04/03/be-more-productive-tweet-and-watch-youtube/

1 comments

I agree. I think that taking breaks while during long hours of work lets your brain sit and relax for a bit, and sometimes you even feel more energized when you start up again. I think the problem in the US, is that people procrastinate for too long, and get no work done at all. So it is almost like we have to earn our privileges. Take breaks, but still get work done, and you can prove that you can balance it all.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers