Microsoft Office vs. Google Docs  

Posted by Maxine Tse in ,

Mashable has been conducting a poll on their site about whether people prefer Microsoft Office or Google Docs. Eventually, they found out 51% prefer Microsoft Office and 37% prefer Google Docs. I think Google Docs is coming pretty close considering the fact that they haven't been around as long. I do like using Google Docs when you are trying to have multiple people edit one document... but I'm also use to Microsoft Office and how convenient it is. Google Docs is free for all users so maybe soon everyone will switch over to Google Docs.

Microsoft Office vs. Google Docs

2 comments

I started using Google Docs almost exclusively for my papers lately. However, one problem I have encountered is inserting image files, and then having those images downloaded into a .doc format. I know for the last paper, all of the images that were within the document in Google Docs got erased when transferred over to Office, and I had to find and insert the pictures manually again

I find that I use Microsoft Office when I am working alone on a paper and Google Docs when a project involves collaboration. Google Docs is a nice alternative to Microsoft Office in that it is completely free and offers most of the same features.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers