Next on Apple's List: The iPad  

Posted by Haley Clint in


The newest item on Apple's expanding list of i's in the iPad. Apple revealed it's new tablet-style computer today. The new tablet falls somewhere between a laptop and a smart phone, with what sounds like features resembling the Kindle. Steve Jobs demonstrated just how easy and convenient the new iPad is to use for audiences by flipping through photos and typing on the on-screen keyboard. No information regarding the a release date or pricing was given.

The idea behind an iPad might not be so bad. It would definitely be more convenient to transport than a laptop, and looks like fun to use. However, I believe I stand behind my fist reaction, which is to say "is this really necessary?" Cool, hip, unique - yes. But I already have a laptop that works just fine, and people seem to get by browsing the Internet from their phones. It seems that the iPad falls into this gap of not quite as functional as a laptop (once you expand outside of browsing the web) or a smart phone (since you can't make phone calls with the iPad, at least not to my current knowledge). So besides the tech-savy people with money to spare, who is Apple targeting with this new product?

To read the original source, click here.

1 comments

I am an apple user myself and I love my macbook and ipod however, I agree with Haley. I don´t understand who are they targeting this product to. I think its nice and chic but does it offer more functions than a regular ipod? I´m still doubting that they will be successful but, to know this we have to wait.

Hopefully, Apple will foreshadow this issue and will market this product better to increase their sales.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers