Volkswagen's The Fun Theory  

Posted by Jamie Least in , ,

Volkswagen has cleverly entered the Viral Video universe with a unique twist on being environmentally friendly- by making it fun (like their cars, right?). As a matter of fact, I first saw this video because a friend sent it to me and I, in turn, sent it to about 30 other people.

The musical stairs caught my attention and held it for the 1 minute and 48 seconds with out blinking. And then as it closed, I saw the logo. I never would have guessed a video this creative and organic was from a car company.

Full Article Here

3 comments

I have to say that I am very impressed with this Volkswagon campaign. I am all about trying to live more environmentally friendly, and this is just the kind of campaign that catches my attention. Besides that, the videos are simple, innovative, responsible and positive, and I believe they have succeeded in attributing all of those qualities to the Volkswagon brand itself. And at what cost? The creativity of this video is getting them more attention than any amount of ad dollars would, and what is best is that it is the consumer spreading the message for them. I think that the creativity shown in this campaign is exactly the kind of marketing we are going to be seeing more and more of as time goes on and more companies make the transition to social media.

As for me, I may have to consider Volkswagon as I begin shopping for my next vehicle!

I really liked that video. It makes Volkswagen seem like a socially responsible company. I have seen this video before in my Integrated Marketing Communications class. It is part of a campaign. There's another video using a "bottomless" trash can that's neat too.
The videos are really effective because they can easily capture your attention for the entire length of the video.

This video was great! Even though it is not something that relates easily to a car company, I think that the message was crystal clear. The video leaves you with such a feel good sensations that I do not see how this would not be an effective campaign.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers