Are We Asking To Be Robbed?  

Posted by Alexander Sigismondi in ,

PleaseRobMe.com is a website that is trying to show people the costly implications of sharing their lives with the world can have. The site is trying to show users of social networks not to get caught up in all of these personal novelties as there are lurkers out there waiting to capitalize, and that what gets put on these social networks can be visible to many more than those desired. Recently, there has been several connections between robberies and status updates. The article goes on further to talk about this topic and how the website is trying to boost awareness of the problems caused by "sharing everything"

Read more about this article here

1 comments

I know that when I was younger and I first started using social media sites I was always told not to post I was going out of town because you never know who is reading it. Well with these new sites you tend to over look the fact that people could easily tell when you weren't home.

I was on Google buzz the other day on my ipod and i realized that you can see the post of people who are in your general area and you don't have to be following them. Not only can people now read your post but they can also find out where you live.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers