The other side of social media  

Posted by Anonymous

In class we have been talking about all the benefits of social marketing and using social networks. I think it is also important to be aware of the dangers and risks of using social media outlets. This article reminds us that there are risks to providing too much information when using these sites. Not only can these risks come to us as individuals, businesses can also face dangers when "bad guys" can get enough information to hack into important information. I'm not sure how the rest of you feel, but after reading this article I am much more aware of the information I provide to my social networks.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/09/28/dcot.socialmedia.privacy/index.html

1 comments

Never taking a facebook quiz again! This is a really interesting article. Going to be extra careful from now on about the stuff I put up on my profiles. I never knew that they can collect personal information and then sell it by using facebook quizzes. It was shocking to know that one guy posted that he was going on vacation and came back home with his house burglarized. That makes me not want to say what I'm doing, heh.

Good article and this is definitely a good heads up. Thanks =)

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers