Toyota Recal, Largest in American History...over a FLOOR MAT!  

Posted by J. Exton-Elton Rood


So I thought this article was interesting because I was actually talking recently with someone about cars and their reliability, and at some point Toyota was brought up as a company that has a fairly good reputation. Imagine my dark humor when I logged out of my hotmail account to see this article about Toyota recalling millions of Prius cars because of "floor mat" issues. Read it and be both worried and entertained, folks.

http://www.bearmarketinvestments.com/toyota-lexus-mat-recall-3-8-million-vehicles-recalled-over-floor-mats

4 comments

I was in my car on the way to school this morning, when I too heard this on the radio. I was pretty shocked that almost 4 million cars are being recalled because of floor mats. Seems like a silly item to result in a recall.

It made me think a bit about my car shopping and its influence from the internet a little. I bought a car a few weeks ago, nothing too special. It is a 2006 Nissan Sentra. I was considering buying new, and was checking out all sorts of sites. To be honest, Toyota was my favorite car vendor I was considering.

Also, I was just twittering "Toyota" to see what popped up. And every ten seconds I get a message saying "4 new messages about Toyota". And they are all about this event. Word travels FAST over social media!!

PS-- I have left the twitter window open for the last 10 minutes. I now have over 100 pending twitter notifications about this...

While the post itself has no direct relevance to Internet Marketing, it does bring up the point of the Internet being the medium of choice for consumer upheaval and information dissemination. I too have been noticing the trend following this story as it unfolds. We do live in interesting times.

This news is on the mass media and business week is calling this a move that will actually made the brand stronger?

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers