Facebook vs. Twitter: Which Do You Prefer?  

Posted by Anonymous in , ,

Mashable.com is taking a vote to see which social media platform people prefer between Facebook and Twitter. According to the article, Facebook is the world’s largest social network, while Twitter is considered by most the hottest.

Mashable is taking a vote via a poll on the link below. The poll lasts until Noon EST on Friday, October 16 (this Friday)... so cast your vote! It might be interesting to post your vote and maybe a little reason why you picked it.

http://mashable.com/2009/10/12/faceoff-twitter-facebook/

I already voted, and I had to go with Twitter for the reason mentioned above: it's hot. Twitter is new and it's the talk of the social media world right now. I see the power of it for businesses and think the potential of a company using Twitter is huge. I would love a job that incorporated social media in the job description... from setting a company up with social media to maintaining and advancing a company in the social media world. Because of the newness and the excitement of Twitter (and the fact that I've been on Facebook for four years now), I had to choose Twitter on the poll. But to be fair, I currently have three tabs open on my browser... one is obviously Blogger and the other two are Facebook and Twitter.

1 comments

I think this class has really broadened my understanding of social media and its various uses. I have always in the past preferred facebook-- in fact I personally did not even have a twitter account until I needed to for this class. I had initially though twitter was a waste of time and only used by teens to give people updates on their every move in life. But, now I know twitter can be used properly in a very professional way to help promote yourself to potential employers. Therefore, in terms of business and professional help, I think twitter is the preferred source.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers