Social Media Costs $2.25 Billion in Productivity Loss  

Posted by Kaity in ,

Today an article was posted on Mashable that is based upon survey results showing that the cost of social media use on worker productivity results in $2.25 billion in losses. The article continues, stating that social media is a "productivity black hole". This Mashable article was posted to pose a question that I will now pose to you: "What do you think? Are social networking sites bad for productivity? Are they really costing businesses millions?"

Personally, I think that to an extent, yes social media is a productivity black hole. My room mate for example, is convinced she is most productive on her homework when also listening to music, watching the Bills game,surfing facebook, and IMing friends. After living with her for 2 years, I can vouch that this may be the reason why she is up all night doing homework so often...

Do you to agree with this?



For Article Click Here.

1 comments

I can see both sides of this argument. Facebook is definitely a distraction for me when I am trying to get work done. However, there are times when I go to social networking sites for news or certain articles and I can find a lot of helpful information. It all depends on how someone uses these sites. In the workplace, social networking sites can be a black hole, but they are also places to "network" and make connections in the business world. I don't think anyone can really make a solid decision on this debate without agreeing with some points on the other side.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers