Tweet Radio  

Posted by Annessa in

If you don't want to spend reading tweets, you dont have to! A new website, Tweet Radio ( http://tweetrad.io/), allows users to search for a topic or select a pre-picked, and an auto-dj will read the tweets out loud. I clicked on some of the pre-chosen topics, and it is pretty interesting to see what is going on currently on Twitter and is pretty funny to hear through an automated voice..


Read the article about it here: http://mashable.com/2009/11/03/tweetradio/

3 comments

I tried it, and it works pretty well. I don't know how much I would need to Twitter to actually start using this website, but its always cool to see new websites built on top of existing websites. Maybe later on it will do it in multiple languages.

I think this is a cool idea, but at the same time its a little ridiculous. people can generally read faster than others can speak, plus the automated voice narration could get confusing because there is not emotion or voice fluctuation. I think if they made it so people could tweet using microphones from home, using their own voice, in whatever tone, sarcastic, serious, etc... this would be more effective.
It is still a cool idea though.

Another classic example of a mashup, but I have to say I am not a big fan of this idea but I do buy into the fact that it is a cool service. Next idea voice tweeting through mobile phones, computers etc. Lets start one up and make millions.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers