Trendistic- The Trends of Tweets  

Posted by Jen Keller in ,

I stumbled across this website while doing homework (or more like not doing homework?) and proceeded to waste a good 30 minutes being entertained by the site. Trendistic.com functions much like Google Trends does for all Google searches. It tracks the tweets that are posted, removes any recurring ones, and then creates graphs based upon a one-hour time period. This is fantastic because it allows us to see what is (or is not) popular and being tweeted about today, all compiled on a nice graph.


So when I first visited the site, the "hot" tweet for the last 24 hours was all about Tiger Woods and the wonderful life choices that he has made. But after reading through those various tweets for a few minutes, I started losing interest. That was when I notice the search box; and once again I was entertained. When I entered different search terms I came back with a lot of hits, some relevant, some very random.

I think that Trendistic.com is a site that business (or individuals) could really utilize to see what people are tweeting about. Then, based upon all of these tweets, they themselves could possibly tweet more effectively.

2 comments

I myself am stuck on this website now and I can see that while it does have its competition, it seems to have some pretty unique features. This is a nice way to trend things in the marketplace. Use your brand + any other keyword and then start looking at the overall impression from thousands of people. To those who suggested this business model for Twitter, it is probably something Biz Stone and his partner have thought about in the last several months.

This website is pretty sweet! I'm hooked.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers