Coca-Cola using social media to donate to the Boys & Girls Clubs  

Posted by Samantha Dudics in , , , , ,

Coca-Cola has decided to release a sneak peak of their Super Bowl Ad on Facebook. All you have to do is become a fan of their page on Facebook and use the "live positively" application to send a free virtual Coke bottle to your friends on Facebook. For every person who does this Coca-cola will donate $1 to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America up to $250,000. By sending this free gift you also get a 20 second sneak peak of their upcoming Super Bowl Ad. All and All this seems like a win win to me. Click here to read more.

3 comments

I think that this seems like a wonderful idea and goes to a great cause, but couldn't they find something a little more enticing than a super bowl ad? I mean, common Coca-Cola, you have billions of dollars and all you have to give a sneak peak of is a super bowl commercial?

haha true but in my opinion I don't think they really even had to give that away. I mean, I did it just to send my coca-cola obsessed friend a free facebook gift!

I also found this article when searching for my blog post this week, and I thought it was an interesting. All parties involved benefit in some way. I do agree with Sam that they didn't even have to give the commercial sneak peak. People love those free gifts and will give them out without incentive. Perhaps this is something that Coke could consider doing on a regular basis (sans commercial sneak peak). It would be a great way to give to charity

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers