104 year old Twitter user!  

Posted by Justin Blais

I thought this was interesting. I remembered hearing about it on the radio this last summer, and wanted to share it with everyone. This lady is 104 years old, and she "enjoys updating her status on Twitter in her free time" says the article. There seems to be some adoption by older crowds and Twitter. It makes me wonder if other elders are slowly migrating into social networks.

http://www.bettyconfidential.com/ar/ld/a/Top-News-Stories-104-Year-Old-is-the-Oldest-Woman-on-Twitter.html

1 comments

Other elders are definitely migrating to social media. Get this: My grandfather (quite the interesting character that he is) still uses the old AOL sign up system for internet and mail because he does not understand the concept of Mozilla Firefox or other browser type offerings. Yet, he does have a facebook profile, as does my grandmother. Mostly, they use it to brag about their grandchildren, but let me tell you they are the biggest culprits for spamming me with annoying applications. I think they hope it makes them look "hip".

Although my grandparents are not quite 104 years old, I think it is interesting how an older generation who is still someone not-completely-coherent of internet usage still is hooked on social media as a way of keeping young, vibrant, and in the loop!

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers