Walt Disney Bans All PDA's But Two  

Posted by Kaity

When I saw Justin's post about banning basketball players and those involved with the game from using their social media devices before, during, and after games, I was interested to see what else I could find. I found an article about how Walt Disney has banned all PDA's except for Mickey Mouse's Blackberry and Donald Duck's Ipaq. It appears they will not be supporting any other type of PDA (Palm Pilot, etc).

I think that is interesting as I am not really sure if this is due to a social media problem or Walt Disney having problems with other companies in general. It's a mystery!

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1009933/walt-disney-bans-every-pda-but-two

1 comments

I did think that that was fairly interesting, but at the same time the article was written in 2002 according to the timestamp at the top, which makes me think that its not exactly recent news. I mean they were saying that Palm Pilots would be "granfathered in," but its been at least five years since I've even heard of anyone using one of those.

Still, interesting play by Disney to keep its marketing up to date

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers