How Skype Can Quickly and Easily Become a Social Network (and Clean Facebook’s Clock)  

Posted by Joshua Patton

This article proposes some ideas that could turn Skype into a great social network. They can use their existing clientele while implementing some easy coding to hold user status and information to create great social networking promise. It would also drive down use of cell phones and text messaging while implementing functionality to broadcast status information like twitter.



Source Here

2 comments

i always thought of skype as more of a parallel to AIM than anything, because of its instant message type system and its web chatting abilities. I think it would be a good idea to broaden the field more, because i know it is also extremely useful to talk to people over seas and not have to pay.

I think this is a great move for Skype and bring in many more users. Personally on my facebook account I have almost no content because even with full security, you do not know who can see your information (sometimes facebook even asks me if I am a male or female). If Skype created a social network that did not sell my information for their revenue, I would switch from facebook to skype before facebook even knew what happened.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers