Twitter's New List Feature  

Posted by Chelsea Aures in ,

Twitter introduced a new feature recently where users can organize all of the people they follow or are interested in into lists. The article below shows some different ways to use Twitter lists, such as creating a professional network of other people in your industry or a list of Tweeters that you think others should follow.

Users can even follow Lists, without having to follow every Tweeter on that List. This can be helpful if you do not want to follow frequent Tweeters that fill up the stream on your home page, but still want to occasionally check their updates.

The article can be found here.

2 comments

It seems like this feature is similar to Facebook lists where you can also create certain groups. For me, this doesn't work too well only because when I tried making the lists on Facebook (family, close friends, RIT friends) I would generally only check one and forget about another. I end up just not using it after a few days and looking at everyone's news feed.

Personally (like stated before) I am not a huge social network fan, but I think I would use twitter more if you were able to direct tweets towards specific lists. So if I wanted to say something that might be unprofessional I would be able to tweet it to my friends list only and skip the professional list. This would also stop people from creating multiple accounts to maintain a professional appearance.

Post a Comment

Categories

Followers